Friday, February 16, 2007

Creepy Crawlies

DH noticed this bug (as he called it) on Sunday afternoon. Within an hour it had totally enclosed itself in its home, and it was still sticking onto the back wall of our home. The next couple of days saw heavy rain, and this little critter was still stuck to the wall by Wednesday.
Here it is climbing up the wall. Can you see the sticks? How in the world did this creature make it's home? Looking at it sends those tingles down my spine - you know when something is unbelievable or gross?
Kinda "ewww" kinda "wowww" but more "ewwww" in this case.



When DH discovered it on Sunday it was about 20cm from the ground. Yesterday afternoon, I asked Alex where it was and she said, "Climbing up the wall" And there it was. I couldn't believe it.
And here it is hiding away because it sensed me as I came in close to take this shot. It fell to the ground last night and we put it into the window sill, but he's gone now. I'm kind of relieved but kinda sad, but more relieved.
Also yesterday, I spotted this creepy critter as I went to take Cami out of the car. It's probably the same kind of creature as the one in my back yard, can you see the sticks? Ewww...

Ending on a crafty note, here's a work in progress, using Katia Arc En Ciel.

knitting takes so long (for me anyway!)

3 comments:

Debbie said...

What an awesome close-up of that strange looking bug!

Steffi said...

Hi Sara!
It´s very interesting to read for me and I enjoy it always.Your wool is very beautiful but unfortuntely I can knitting only scarfs and it taken so long time!So I prefer to sewing.I enjoy really to read about Australia and his nature...

Have a nice day!
Steffi

Crafty Doll said...

Oh wow, big "EWWW!" Oh my goodness, that is one of the creepiest bugs ever! Asides from grasshoppers, that is. *shivers*