Sunday, February 4, 2007

WIP: Granny Squares On Hold!

We stopped by Spotlight on Saturday morning and in the discontinued yarn bin I found some beautiful crochet cotton. From $7.00 each they became $1.50, and I bought 8 balls. I'm kicking myself now because I should have scooped them all up. With the cotton, I've been making some granny squares, which in the end will combine to form a throw.

In the middle of last year my wrist and thumb began to hurt, the Dr ordered an X-ray and ruled out any problem with the bone, saying it was the tendon. A physio that my Mom works with said that it was de Quervain's Tenosynovitis. All I needed to do was rest it and if I wanted, I would have a cortisone injection to relieve the pain. Well, it is months later and it still hurts, I have limited movement in my thumb and whenever it is bumped, a sharp, ripping pain travels through my thumb and up my forearm, it's really terrible. I haven't been able to rest it because I have so much to do around the house and since DH works 6 full days a week, I have little help. It seems unfair that I have to sacrifice my hand just because he expects things to be perfectly in order and spick and span. It doesn't help that I have a little one (the physio said that the condition is common among mothers because of the lifting they do) and that I have to carry most of the shopping bags etc because DH has a back problem (self-inflicted because he started lifting weights at 13 - craziness). Last night, DH accidentally bent my thumb by knocking it (which I demonstated to him the day before, is impossible for me to do) and the pain was like no other, I honestly thought that I had torn the tendon. I'm back at square one, not having any movement at all. So I can't do anything, not even crochet. Argh, I guess I just have to take care, wear a support and hope that it gets better without the need for surgery. I have the healthiest lifestyle of any one I know and I have so many things wrong with me.


bright,
squishy
foam letters
&
chubby
soft hands

help get me through the day...

1 comment:

Steffi said...

Hello Sara!
Here I write to you the cheese cake - recipe in german and english!I hope you understand it what I mean!

4 Eier
200g Zucker
1 Päckchen Vanillezucker
1 kg Quark
Saft von einer großen Zitrone
Zitronenschale
1 Päckchen Käsekuchenhilfe (im Backregal eines jeden Supermarktes)
1 Päckchen Backpulver

Für die Kuchenform: Butter und Semmelbrösel

1. Eier trennen, Eiweiße steifschlagen und in den Kühlschrank stellen.
2. Springform gründlich buttern und mit Semmelbrösel ausschwenken.
3. Eigelbe, Zucker, Vanillezucker gründlich schaumig schlagen. Quark, Zitronensaft und Schale, Backpulver und Käsekuchenhilfe einrühren.
4. Eischnee vorsichtig unterrühren und ab in die Form.

1 Std. bei 170 grad auf mittlerer Schiene Backen.


4 Eier
200g Zucker
1 Päckchen Vanillezucker
1 kg Quark
Saft von einer großen Zitrone
Zitronenschale
1 Päckchen Käsekuchenhilfe (im Backregal eines jeden Supermarktes)
1 Päckchen Backpulver

Für die Kuchenform: Butter und Semmelbrösel

1. Eier trennen, Eiweiße steifschlagen und in den Kühlschrank stellen.
2. Springform gründlich buttern und mit Semmelbrösel ausschwenken.
3. Eigelbe, Zucker, Vanillezucker gründlich schaumig schlagen. Quark, Zitronensaft und Schale, Backpulver und Käsekuchenhilfe einrühren.
4. Eischnee vorsichtig unterrühren und ab in die Form.

1 Std. bei 170 grad auf mittlerer Schiene Backen.
___________________________________

4 eggs,
200g sugar
1 package vanilla sugar,
1 kg quark,
juice of a large lemon lemon bowl 1 package cheese cake assistance (in the baking shelf of each supermarket)
1 package baking powder for the cake pan: Butter and Semmelbrösel 1. Eggs separate, proteins rigid-strike and into the refrigerator place.
2. Jumping form thoroughly buttern and with Semmelbrösel swing out. 3. Eigelbe, thoroughly schaumig strike sugar, vanilla sugar. Quark, lemon juice and bowl, baking powder and cheese cake assistance stir. 4. Eischnee carefully under-agitate and off into the form.
1 hour with 170 degrees on middle rail cheeks.

Bye,Steffi