Tuesday, January 30, 2007

ATC's, Vases & Peaches


I've just completed 3 ATC's for a Valentine's Day swap that I am particpating in. It is the first time that I've made these cards and it was a lot of fun. And being the impatient person that I am, the tiny size was just perfect, very satisfying. I'm looking forward to checking my mailbox next week!

On the way home from the bank yesterday, we stopped by at my favourite op-shop. It's one of those stores that no one really knows about, I mean they're no longer accepting any donations because they are over stocked! Alexia brought along her wallet (containing $1.50 that she had saved) to buy a toy for her little sister. She was so excited, going through the books and little knick knacks. A baby rattle, knitted teddy bear and toy hammer were some of the things that she was going to buy (but she changed her mind when I explained that her sister was either too big for or did not need those things). In the end, she settled for (with a little bit of persuasion on my behalf) a set of flash cards for 50cents.

So there they are, forming a colourful mosiac all over the living room floor. The only thing that I bought were three small glasses that were 75% the orginal prices. The price for all three? A whole 25cents! I am going to use them as bud vases or for storing buttons...

As I was photographing them, I noticed that Cami had climbed up and grabbed some peaches. That girl just loves fruit. My dad calls her "The Fruiterer" hehe...

2 comments:

Filzarella said...

Hi!

The cards you do are lovely!!! And you little girl is sooo sweet! This Blog remembered me of my Blog ;)

Send you best wishes from Germany

Filzarella

Debbie said...

Those lovely flowers are making me look forward to summer even more!

Pretty cards. :)