Tuesday, January 16, 2007

Ducky and the Bill-Biting Monster

Why is it that toddlers can be so excited by something new one minute then bored of it the next. Ducky is the first felt creature that I have made and at first Cami loved to touch her nose to its bill but now all she wants to do is bite it off!

Kinokuniya finally had this book (ISBN483476348X) in stock. I have been itching to try my hand at some toy making and I highly recommend this book because the stuffies are so cute and the instructions are clear. I paid only AU$8.70 so it's way cheaper than most other Japanese craft books.

The handstitching was a bit of a pain, but once you get into the groove you hardly notice the time. I want to try out the other patterns but I'm having a hard time finding the right furry fabric and eyes for the bears.

Don't you just love the bright yellow felt?

It's so sunny!

Have a happy day everyone.

1 comment:

Crafty Doll said...

Great job on the ducky. It's so adorable. I have my share of Japanese felt craft books as well, but just have not had the time to really experiment (been too busy trying to master knitting!).
Seeing this post is making me want to bust out one of my books and attempt to make a little stuffie too!